Any hearing person can call your Z-20 by using your 10-digit telephone number. Z-20 and the ZVRS service are intended for use by deaf and hard of hearing people who use ASL to communicate.
FAQ for Z-20
1. Can my hearing friends and family use Z-20?
2. What do I need to use Z-20?
To use Z-20, you must have a high-speed Internet connection and a My Profile account with 10-digit telephone number from The Z.
3. How do I get a Z-20 account?
Go to www.zvrs.com and click on "SIGN UP" at the top of the screen to create your free My Profile online account if you do not already have one. Once you’ve created the account, contact your local sales manager by going online to www.zvrs.com/about-us/our-family/regional-managers. When you see the map, click on your state of residence and you will see the contact information for your sales manager.
4. Can I use Z-20 over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi networks?
No, this is a stand-alone hardware videophone and does not have built-in 3G, 4G or WiFi hardware.
1. Why is my new Z-20 number different than my Z4 or other Z videophone numbers?
Each Z videophone must have its own local phone number assigned. This is how the system identifies which videophone to receive incoming and make outgoing calls.
2. Which phone number should I give to people so they can call my Z-20?
You should give everyone—deaf and hearing—the Z-20 number The Z assigned to your videophone. That is the number they will need to make a call to your Z-20.
3. Can I make VCO calls from my Z-20?
Yes, you can make and receive voice carry-over (VCO) calls on your Z-20. One of the great features of the Z-20 is the VCO Plus feature. You can make a VCO call and use the built-in microphone and/or handset or use your own Bluetooth headset to speak to both the interpreter and the hearing party on the other end of the call.
4. Will Z-20 alert me if someone calls?
Yes, you will receive a Z Alert notification you when you receive incoming calls to your Z-20 (or any other Z phone).Before you contact ZVRS Customer Care, please check to ensure that the privacy shutter is not enabled on your Z-20. If the privacy shutter is disabled and still does not work, please contact ZVRS Customer Care for technical support on the device or see the QuickStart guide.
5. My front-facing camera doesn’t work. How can I get it fixed?
Before you contact The Z’s Customer Care team, please check to be sure that you do not have the privacy shutter closed on your Z-20. If the privacy shutter is open and your Z-20 still does not work, please see the Z-20 QuickStart guide or contact Customer Care for technical support.
6. While making a call, I can see the other caller clearly, but I appear blurry to him/her and also look blurry
in my self-view screen. What should I do?
First, check the focus ring on your camera to try to adjust your video quality. If it still does not focus, please contact The Z’s Customer Care team for technical support.
7. Where can I find more information about how to use my Z-20?
Click here to download the Z-20 User Guide. Detailed instructions are included in this comprehensive guide.
1. How do I move the picture-in-picture (PIP) window on my Z-20 screen?
You cannot move the PIP window around on the Z-20 screen.
2. What is Bluetooth? Why will this benefit me?
Bluetooth is a wireless headset connection. It’s ideal for those who use the VCO Plus feature.
3. How do I set up my Bluetooth headset?
1. Press button.
2. Select "SETTINGS"
3. Select "BLUETOOTH"
4. Change "BLUETOOTH" to "ON"
5. Select "CONNECT NEW DEVICE"
6. Follow the instruction on the screen.
4. How do I use the built-in handset?
Simply pick up handset, enter the phone number you want to call, then press the GREEN button to connect the call.
NOTE: If you decide to use the built-in speakerphone, press the button before you place the handset back. Otherwise, your call will be disconnected.
5. Does Z-20 support the My Mail (video answering machine) feature?
Yes. The Z-20 provides full access to the My Mail feature. You can view all My Mail videos sent to your unique 10-digit Z-20 phone number. Simply press the button or dial your Z-20 phone number from your Z-20.
6. Does the Z-20 video answering machine allow other callers to leave video mail for point-to-point
7. Can I view My Mail videos while I am in a live call?
Yes. Just follow the steps below:
1. Press "HOLD" softkey of that active call.
2. Press "New Call".
3. Press to select "My Mail."
4. Press the "RESUME" softkey to return to your live call.
8. Is it possible to have a conference call with two or more parties on my Z-20?
Yes, please visit www.zvrsbusiness.com and click on "FEATURES" to learn more about Team Video Meeting service.
9. Does Z-20 support Call Waiting?
10. Can I make and receive point-to-point (videophone-to-videophone) calls?
Yes. You can make and receive calls directly to and from other videophone users who have a VP-200, Z4 (on PC or Mac), Z4 Mobile, Z-340, Z-Ojo, Z-150 and other compatible videophones from Purple and SNAP!VRS. The videophone must also have a 10-digit phone number registered with the iTRS database.
NOTE: The VRS provider that assigned your number is responsible for registering it with the iTRS database. At this time, you cannot make calls to or receive calls from the Sorenson ntouch™ Mobile or ntouch™ PC products because Sorenson has chosen to not make the ntouch™ products interoperable with products from the rest of the VRS industry.
11. Can I make calls by dialing IP addresses?
Yes. You can make a call using an IP address. The easiest way to do this is to replace the "." with "" when entering the IP address. Example: Typing "1122*31*40" will automatically change to "18.104.22.168" on your Z-20.
12. Can Z-20 make or receive Skype calls or those from other apps such as Qik, Fring, Tango?
13. Can I set up my Z-20 to allow for hands-free calling?
Yes. Just press the and buttons to make sure they are turned "ON."
14. What video standards does Z-20 support?
Z-20 supports H.263 and H.264 video standards.
15. Does Z-20 have caller ID?
Yes. When someone calls your Z-20 from a VP-200®, nVP, P3 or other Z videophone, you will see that caller’s name and phone number.
When you call someone from your Z-20, the person using a VP-200®, nVP, P3 or other Z videophone will see the name you use in your profile. Important Note: Your phone number will not appear in the other person’s caller ID on his/her Z-340. However, your number WILL show up in his/her call history.
1. Can I use Z-20 to make a 911 call?
Yes. You can use Z-20 to make an emergency 911 call. When you dial 911, your call will have the highest priority and will be answered by the first available ZVRS interpreter. The interpreter will locate the nearest Emergency Services center that can quickly be dispatched to your location.
Note: It is important to keep your address information up to date for 911 emergency service. If the person calling becomes unresponsive during a 911 emergency call, help will be sent to the 911 address that you registered in your My Profile account with The Z. If you move without updating your location information, help could be mistakenly sent to your previous address.
2. How do I make a 911 ZVRS call using Z-20?
Simply dial 911 and your call will receive the highest priority to connect to the next available interpreter.
3. When making a 911 call from my Z-20, will I need to provide my location to the interpreter?
Whenever you dial 911 using Z-20, the ZVRS Interpreter will always ask you to verify your location. If you are calling from the address saved in your My Profile account set up for the 10-digit number assigned to your Z-20, your 911 call will immediately be routed to your local Emergency Services center (PSAP). If you are NOT at the address listed in your profile account, you will be asked to give your address/location. After doing so, your 911 call will be routed to the nearest local Emergency Services center.
4. How do I update my address information?
Updating your address in My Profile is easy! First, go to www.zvrs.com/my/session and log in.
Then follow the steps below:
1. Click on "My Locations" to add/update your location.
2. Click on "My Videophones," and click on your videophone number. Then, select the location to ensure the location is correct for this videophone.
1. How many contacts can I have in the Z-20 contact list?
Your full My Contacts list will be displayed on Z-20—there’s no limit.
2. Can I transfer my contacts to Z-20?
All contacts stored in your My Contacts list will automatically transfer to your new Z-20. However, if you are switching your phone number from another VRS provider, we encourage you to make a record of all of your contacts as soon as possible, because they cannot be transferred from your old provider. Once the switch happens, you will no longer have access to your contacts on your old VRS provider’s phone.
3. How can I add, edit or delete a contact on my Z-20 contact list?
To add, edit or delete contacts, go to www.zvrs.com/my/session and log into your profile. Select “My Contacts” to add, edit, or delete contacts off your phone book. It will be automatically updated on all of the Z products you own.
1. My Z-20 is not working (can’t make or receive a call). What do I do?
The first thing you should do is restart your Z-20 by following the steps below:
2. Select "SETTINGS."
3. Select "ADVANCED."
4. Select "RESTART."
5. Select "RESTART" again to restart your Z-20 videophone.
If your Z-20 still does not work after restarting, contact the point of contact in your IT department or contact The Z’s Customer Care team.
2. Why do I have blurry or poor video images?
A slow data connection can cause problems with the quality of the video image. Notify the point of contact in your IT department to do a diagnosis check.
3. What if I need help with my Z-20 issues?
We’re here to help! Just call The Z’s Customer Care team for assistance by dialing 877.747.4287 on or send an email to email@example.com.