No, it doesn’t need to be modified, because Z-Ojo has a built-in connection called Z Connect.
FAQ for Z-Ojo
1. Will I need to modify my router configuration to use Z-Ojo?
2. Can the contacts in my old Ojo from another VRS provider be transferred to my Z-Ojo?
No. Because your old Ojo is from another provider, the contacts cannot be transferred. However, adding your old Ojo contacts to your new Z-Ojo is easy with My Contacts! My Contacts allows you to add and update contacts quickly online to be uploaded to your Z-Ojo!
NOTE: All Z videophones use the same ZVRS customer database, so contacts are automatically transferred if you change from one Z phone to another or have multiple Z phones.
3. Can I connect a head set to my Z-Ojo to use for VCO calls?
Yes. The Tec Ear T-Link device works well with the Z-Ojo. It’s affordable too — $50 for a single ear device and $60 for the double ear device. (Compared to the Hatis, which costs $149.)
The Z™ does not sell these products. Please refer to the links below to view and purchase:
T-Link Phone Headset
NoiZfree-Mobile Phone Headset
ClearSounds CLA7v2 Powered Neck Loop
Geemarc tLOOP Powered Neck Loop
4. When someone is leaving a message can they see me?
No. When someone is leaving a message on your Z-Ojo, they will see a small dancing Ojo and a text message letting them know it’s recording.
5. Why isn’t my Z-Ojo connecting?
There could be several reasons why your Z-Ojo is unable to connect.
1. If you cannot log in, first check to be sure your Z-Ojo is connected to Ethernet and your router. If your Z-Ojo is connected to Ethernet and your router but you are still unable to log in, check your home computer to see if the Internet is working.
If the Internet is NOT working on your computer, you will need to contact your Internet service provider (ISP), as it is an issue related to your Internet service.
However, if the Internet IS working on your computer and you are still not able to log in, please contact The Z Customer Care for assistance.
2. If you can’t make calls, receive calls and/or have a blue profile screen, first try rebooting your Z-Ojo to see if that resolves the issue.
If you still experience the problem after trying to reboot, try "power cycling" all of the devices. To power cycle, follow the steps below:
1. Power off your Z-Ojo
2. Power off your router
3. Power off your modem (NOTE: Some modems have a battery. If yours does, be sure to remove the battery, as well.)
4. Wait for two minutes
5. Power on modem
6. Power on router
7. Wait for 30 seconds
8. Power on your Z-Ojo
If the issue continues after you’ve completed power cycling, contact Customer Care for assistance.