Full-Time Video Interpreter Jacksonville
Full-Time Video Interpreter
Provide excellent video interpreting services between Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Hearing consumers at the Video Interpreting Center.
As a Full-Time employee, you are required to work a minimum of (36) hours per week to maintain Full-Time status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide effective video relay service for consumers
- Provide interpreting services utilizing American Sign Language and voicing services
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by ZVRS
- Fully comply with all FCC regulations pertaining to VRS.
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including punctuality and preparedness for shifts, respectful and collaborative interaction with colleagues and supervisors, and timely and accurate record keeping.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new and changing technologies
- Reliable schedule adherence
- Meet or exceed metrics which ensure the best customer experience:
- Logged in Utilization – 80% or greater Logged in to Clocked in
- Ring Time – nswer all calls in less than 6 seconds
- Wrap-up Time – End Session in less than 6 seconds
- Unavailable – Count of Unavailable states not to exceed count of logins
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in community interpreting desired
- Six months experience working as an interpreter in a video interpreting or relay environment, preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be a qualified interpreter and pass a screening process to ensure ability
- Prefer a National Certifications in interpreting of American Sign Language:
- At or above NAD Level 4
- RID-CI/CT; RID-CSC
- Must have a good working knowledge of the Code of Ethnics for interpreters
- Must have a good understanding of Deaf Culture
- Must be familiar with State Laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Must have excellent sign to voice and voice to sign skills
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, customers, and the general public. In depth knowledge of American Sign Language grammar, semantics and linguistics. Excellent interpreting skills with the ability to interpret for a variety of consumers regarding various topics.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: (Please list specific skills)
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical activity and requirements of this position include:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
In addition to your base compensation, you will be eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance, company funded STD, LTD, and Life Insurance, as well as voluntary life insurance, and other employee benefits under the terms of the then existing Company policies. Benefits begin the first day of the month, following sixty (60) days of continuous employment. CSDVRS also has a 401(k) Plan in which you will be eligible on the first of the month following (1) year of continuous employment.
As a CSDVRS employee, you will accrue fifteen (15) days of Paid Time Off annually. PTO may be used for vacation, sick leave or personal time off. In addition, CSDVRS employees enjoy six (6) company holidays and two (2) floating holidays. Accrued PTO may be taken after thirty (30) days of continuous employment.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
And complete either of the following: