Toll-Free (800) Number Information
Get Connected With The Z®
A toll-free number has the prefix 800, 855, 866, 877 and 888 as the first three numbers of a phone number.
If you need a toll-free number, you can get one for your videophone.
There are several steps to get a toll-free number:
- You need to find a toll-free provider. A provider is a company that gives you a toll-free number for you to use.
- There are many providers who can get you a toll free number. The following link gives you a list of 800 number providers. (link to 800 number providers)
- After you reach that page, click on another link which says “Complete list of Toll Free service providers associated with SMS/800” for a listing of 800 number providers.
- Toll-free numbers are not free. The cost can vary between $5-$10 a month, depending on the provider you choose.
- You will need to give your ZVRS videophone number (LN-local number) to the toll-free service provider. Any calls placed to your toll-free number will be forwarded to the ZVRS videophone number you provide.
- You will need to contact ZVRS Customer Care to ensure ZVRS links your toll-free number to your ZVRS videophone number. Failure to do so could result in your inability to receive point-to-point calls placed to your videophone by individuals using your toll free number.
- After the numbers are linked, then the people who call you can use the toll-free number to contact you on your videophone.
- If you have a 800 number that links to a local number with a VRS provider and want to transfer it to ZVRS, you can also contact ZVRS Customer Care.
For more information on toll-free numbers from the FCC, you can click this link: FCC Toll-Free Information for VRS
ZVRS Customer Care Contact Information
VP: help.zvrs.tv or 866.932.7891
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. ET
Saturday – Sunday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET